US intelligence has described seven tactical directions of the Russian army in Ukraine
According to US intelligence agencies, Russian military forces are deployed in Ukraine along seven main tactical axes.
Thus, US intelligence identifies the following areas:
1. Kharkov, the approximate length of the front is 100 km, the number of battalion tactical groups (BTG) is 5.
2. Izyumskoye. The length of the front is 60 km, the number of battalion tactical groups is 22.
3. Severodonetsk. The length of the front is 100 km, the number of BTGs is 19.
4. Popasnyanskoe. The length of the front is 20 km, the number of BTGs is 7.
5. Donetsk. The length of the front is 140 km, the number of BTGs is 20
6. Zaporozhye. The length of the front is 130 km, the number of BTGs is 13.
7. Kherson. The length of the front reaches 160 km, the number of BTGs is 7.
At the same time, according to the norms of the Ground Forces of the USSR from 1982, the BTG conduct offensive operations on the front with a length of 1-2 km, defense - 5 km. At the same time, the RF Armed Forces in Ukraine have the potential to go on the offensive only in 2-3 directions, and the defense is very stretched in three.
Meanwhile, according to the Russian military department, as of May 6, during a special operation in Ukraine, the following were destroyed: 151 aircraft, 112 helicopters, 742 drones, 290 anti-aircraft missile systems, 2854 tanks and other armored vehicles, 329 multiple launch rocket systems, 1338 field guns artillery and mortars, as well as 2683 units of special combat equipment.